Saturday, November 27, 2010

Teenage boys

Is there a rule that says only one blog post a day? Oh well then.

I keep telling Andrew that if he were an elephant, the matriarch of the herd would be booting him out around now to go be himself out in the wild, like all young bull elephants. He responds to this by smiling and head-butting me. All forms of physical affection these days involve some degree of pain with him. It's worth it, though.

The male elephants roam alone, whereas the females form the herds and nurture the young. This is perhaps why I sometimes feel so alone in my home, surrounded by men (and two young men).

My husband needs me. It's the existential problem of the day. To clarify, he needs me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers