Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Washington, D.C.

Things I am most looking forward to seeing in D.C.:

1. Everything! (This includes my sister, who will come up for a quick weekend to see us.)

Let's see: the monuments; the Mall; the Supreme Court (heard the front entrance was just closed to the public due to security concerns -- bummer!); the Capitol; the White House; the Smithsonian complex of museums; Arlington National Cemetery; the zoo, the Department of State. How will we see all this in just a week?

Haven't decided about whether to go to the Holocaust Museum. Andrew was quite interested in it. I think this is because he recently saw "Boy in the Striped Pajamas." I don't know if I am strong enough to see it and not be depressed for the rest of my life.

I wish I could hear oral arguments at the Supreme Court. I would love, love, love it. But I checked the online calendar, and there don't appear to be any when we are visiting. In fact, I wish I could be a Supreme Court Justice. Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely, first because I'm not a lawyer, and also Dwaine says I am too biased anyhow. Not so! No more than anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers